|The story of the Community Club started in 1972.
Some of the ladies in our community joined together
to form the Woman’s Club of Pleasant Plains. The
goal of the club was betterment of the community.
Through fund raising activities, the club provided
scholarships for graduating seniors, Halloween party
for children, senior citizen activities and much more.
At that time, the Club also had a bigger dream and that
was to build a Community Center. Through many
fundraisers and much hard work that dream became a
reality in 1980.
Due to the reduction of ladies attending, in 1995, we
became the Pleasant Plains Community Club. The
club is now open to anyone in the area who is
interested in the betterment of the community and
through service to the community.
Our club still gives scholarships to graduating
seniors, hosts a senior citizen dinner in March, a
Halloween party in October, provides meet Santa and a
Kids Store at Christmas held at the Clayville Historical
site and sponsors many more activities. There are
some new projects we would like to take on and those
are in discussion.
Helping Hands Food Pantry is also housed in our
building. For more information , please call Dawn
Stremsterfer at 217/741-1865.
The building has recently been painted and updated
with the addition of a handicap accessible restroom.
The building, which has recently been painted and
updated has a full kitchen and a handicap accessible
restroom. The building is beautiful and available to
rent for bridal showers, reunions, meetings, dinners,
etc. Just call Shirley Theilen at 217/415-2976. The
address is 206 W. 4th Street or PO Box385, Pleasant
Plains, IL 62677.